Salmon Relish Casserole
Salmon relish casserole
- 1-pound can salmon
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup liquid (liquid from canned salmon plus milk to make volume)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain and flake salmon, saving liquid.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter; blend in flour and one-quarter teaspoon salt.
- Add liquid gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Arrange half of the salmon in a shallow, well greased casserole.
- Combine bread crumbs and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Arrange half of the crumb mixture over salmon; add remaining salmon.
- Pour sauce over ingredients in the casserole and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 375° F, for 25 to 30 minutes or until brown.
- Serve immediately.