Green Peppers Stuffed With Ocean Perch
Green peppers stuffed with ocean perch
- 2 pounds ocean perch fillets
- 6 large green peppers
- 6 tablespoons diced bacon
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Skin fillets and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each pepper and remove seeds.
- Simmer peppers in boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes or until almost tender.
- Fry bacon until crisp; add onion, celery, chili sauce, seasonings and fish.
- Simmer about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Fill peppers with fish mixture.
- Combine butter and crumbs; sprinkle over top of peppers.
- Place in a well greased baking dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.
- Garnish and serve hot.