Ocean Perch And Cheese Souffle
Ocean perch and cheese souffle
- 2 cups flaked ocean perch
- 3 tablespoons butter or there fat
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 or 3 drops tabasco sauce
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir a little of the hot sauce into beaten egg yolks; add to remaining sauce, stirring constantly.
- Blend in cheese and fish.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a well greased casserole.
- Place in a pan of water and bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked in the center.
- Garnish and serve immediately.