Mullet Fish Cakes
Fish cakes are a classic dish that is found all over the world. It has been a way of using up leftovers that might otherwise be thrown away.
- cooked mullet trimmings, finely chopped, 1 lb (453 g)
- potatoes, cooked and mashed, 1 lb (453 g)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- salt to taste, 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 beaten egg
- bread crumbs, as needed
- Combine everything together and mix well.
- Form into cakes, roll first in beaten egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.