Meats and Sausages
Preparing ceviche is considered cooking fish with lime juice. The fish is marinated in lime juice for 3-4 hours altering the structure of the proteins in the fish, giving it the color and the texture of cooked fish.
- Mullet trimmings (steamed fillets or whole fish),1 lb (453 g)
- Fresh shrimp, 1/2 lb (226 g)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 lemons
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 mango (not too ripe), diced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 dashes Tabasco hot sauce
- Steam mullet for 10 minutes. Scrape the flesh from the bones or cut fillets into 1/2" pieces.
- Clean shrimp and boil for 1 minute in water. Dice into 1/2" pieces.
- Squeeze the juice out of lemons.
- Mix mullet with shrimp and add lemon juice.
- Add diced mango, tomato, jalapeno, onion and cilantro.
- Mix everything together and season with salt and Tabasco sauce.
- Let ceviche stand for 15 minutes, then serve.