Pan-Fried Halibut Steaks
Pan-fried halibut steaks
- 2 pounds halibut steaks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, cornmeal or flour
- Cut steaks into serving size portions.
- Combine egg, milk and seasonings.
- Dip fish in egg mixture and roll in crumbs.
- Place fish in a heavy frying pan which contains about one-eighth inch of fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at moderate heat.
- When fish is brown on one side, turn carefully and brown the other side.
- Cooking time approximately 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Drain on absorbent paper.