Meats and Sausages
Halibut and Onion Soup
Halibut and onion soup
- 1 pound halibut steaks or fillets
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1 quart sliced onion
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash paprika
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Remove skin and bones from steaks; cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add bouillon gradually and heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
- Add fish and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese sprinkled over the top.