Halibut in Herb Sauce
- 2 pounds halibut steaks or fillets
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Place steaks in a well greased baking pan, 11 x 7 x 1-1/2 inches.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water.
- Melt butter; blend in cornstarch.
- Add bouillon gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the next 7 ingredients.
- Pour over fish.
- Combine butter and crumbs; sprinkle over fish.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 30 to 35 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.