Halibut and Mushroom Pie
Halibut and mushroom pie
- 2 cups flaked halibut
- 1 cup pastry mix
- 3 slices bacon
- 1-1/4 cups milk, scalded
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Prepare pastry mix as directed on package.
- Roll and line a 9-inch pie pan.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- To milk add parsley, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add hot milk mixture gradually to the egg, stirring constantly.
- Place fish in pie shell.
- Cover with mushrooms.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over mushrooms and fish.
- Sprinkle bacon and paprika over pie.
- Bake in a hot oven, 425° F, for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 325° F, and continue baking about 10 to 15 minutes or until pie is firm in the center.