Meats and Sausages
Fried Halibut Chinese Style
Fried halibut chinese style
- 2 pounds halibut steaks or fillets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup drained pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Cut steaks into serving size portions and roll in flour seasoned with salt.
- Place fish in a heavy frying pan which contains about one-eighth inch of fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at moderate heat.
- When fish is brown on one side, turn carefully and brown the other side.
- Cooking time approximately 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- While fish is frying, combine vinegar, sugar, water, bouillon cubes, green pepper and pineapple.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, water and soy sauce to make a thin paste.
- Add gradually to hot sauce and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve over fish.