Halibut With Almonds
Halibut with almonds
- 2 pounds halibut steaks or fillets
- 1-1/4 cups milk, scalded
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup slivered toasted almonds
- Place steaks in a well greased baking pan, 11 x 7 x 1-1/2 inches.
- To milk add seasonings and pour over fish.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Drain liquid and save.
- Place fish on a hot platter and keep warm.
- Melt butter and blend in flour.
- Add hot liquid gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour over fish and top with almonds and paprika.