Smoked Eel With Beets and Sour Cream
Smoked eel toast served with beets and sour cream dressing.
- 8 oz smoked eel fillets
- 3 Tbsp chopped beets
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub egg yolks through a sieve.
- Chop egg whites finely.
- Mix together egg yolks, mustard, vinegar, sour cream and olive oil. Add salt, pepper and sugar. Add chopped beets.
- Place each fillet on a plate and surround with dressing. Sprinkle with chopped egg white.
- Fry a slice of bread in olive oil on both sides.
- Serve fillets with browned slices of bread.