Vegetarian Beet Horseradish with Tofu Sausage
Beet and horseradish is often served with meats and sausages. Adding tofu produces an interesting and tasty sausage of pink color. The sausage gets its tangy flavor from horseradish.
|Beets, cooked and grated||500 g||1.1 lb|
|Horseradish, grated||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Tofu||200 g||7 oz|
|SPI (soy protein isolate)||25 g||0.88 oz|
|Potato flour||60 g||2.1 oz|
|Lemon juice||15 ml||0.52 oz|
|Sugar||25 g||0.88 oz|
|Salt||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Pepper||2 g||0.07 oz|
|Cinnamon||1 g||0.03 oz|
|Potato starch||25 g||0.88 oz|
|Guar gum||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Carrageenan||10 g||0.35 oz|
- Slow cook whole beets until soft.
- Peel the skin, it slides off easily.
- Using a grater grate the beets.
- Grate horseradish.
- Dice tofu into 1/4" cubes.
- Mix beets, horseradish, tofu, SPI, lemon juice, sugar and spices together.
- Mix the mass with starch, guar and carrageenan and mix.
- Add potato flour and mix all together.
- Stuff hard into 38 mm casings.
- Cook in 176-185° F (80-85° C) water for 20 minutes. Place sausages in cold water for 5 minutes. Remove and let them cool.