Vegetarian Tomato Sausage
Tomato sausage is a healthy sausage with 167 calories per 100g serving.
|textured vegetable protein||100 g||0.22 lb.|
|water for TVP||300 g||0.66 lb.|
|oil emulsion||200 g||0.44 lb.|
|cracker meal||100 g||3-1/2 oz|
|finely diced tomatoes||300 g||0.66 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||10 g||1-1/2 tsp|
|pepper||2 g||1 tsp|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
|small chopped onion||50 g||1 onion|
|carrageenan||5 g||1 tsp|
- Soak TVP in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix cracker meal, TVP, starch, salt, carrageenan, salt, spices and tomatoes.
- Add oil emulsion and remix everything together.
- Stuff into 32 mm casings.
- Cook in water at 176 F (80 C) for 20 minutes.
- Cool in cold water.
- Keep refrigerated.
* oil emulsion: soy protein isolate/oil/water at 1:4:5.
Cracker meal is a type of course flour which is made from finely milled crackers. It is often used as a seafood fry mix. It can be replaced with bread crumbs.