|lean pork (butt, ham)||600 g||1.32 lb.|
|beef (chuck)||200 g||0.44 lb.|
|regular pork trimmings||200 g||0.44 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||28 g||5 tsp.|
|Cure #2||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|dextrose (glucose), 0.3%||3.0 g||½ tsp.|
|white pepper, ground||3.0 g||1|
|white pepper, whole||4.0 g||1½ tsp.|
|garlic||2.0 g g||1 small clove|
|T-SPX culture||0.12 g||use scale|
- Grind pork and back fat through 3/16” plate (5 mm). Grind beef with ⅛” plate.
- Mix all ingredients with ground meat.
- Stuff firmly into 40-60 mm protein lined fibrous casings. Make 12” long links.
- Ferment at 20º C (68º F) for 72 hours, 90-85% humidity.
- Dry at 16-12º C (60-54º F), 85-80% humidity for 1 month. The sausage is dried until around 30-35% in weight is lost.
- Store sausages at 10-15º C (50-59º F), 75% humidity.
Available from Amazon in paperback and eBook format