Swedish Potato Sausage
Swedish Potato Sausage (Potatis Korv) is a fresh sausage made with ground pork and beef that is mixed with potatoes, onions, salt and pepper. Most Swedish potato sausage recipes include allspice and the proportion of beef and pork vary from 75/50 - 50/50 - 50/75 pork to beef.
|pork||500 g||1.10 lb.|
|beef||500 g||1.10 lb.|
|potatoes||500 g||1.10 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||25 g||4 tsp.|
|white pepper||6.0 g||3 tsp.|
|allspice, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|½ small onion, chopped||30 g||2 Tbsp.|
|cold water||125 ml||½ cup|
- Grind meats, potatoes and onions through ⅜” plate.
- Mix water with salt, pepper and allspice and mix everything well together.
- Stuff into 36 mm casings.
- The sausage can be fried, baked or boiled. You may place it in a skillet with water to cover, bring it to a boil and then simmer on lower heat for about 20 minutes. Keep the cover on.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze for later use.
- Cook before serving.