Salmon Sausage (Kiełbasa łososiowa)
There is no salmon in this sausage recipe. In Poland certain high quality products carry the name “salmon” to imply that the product is of the high quality.
|Lean pork||800 g||1.76 lb|
|Beef, some fat allowed||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||24 g||4 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sweet paprika||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
- Cut pork class I into 20 mm (3/4 “) pieces. grind beef class II through 3 mm plate.
- Mix meat with all ingredients.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Hang at 2-4° C (35-40° F) 85-90% humidity for 4-6 days, then at 10-12° C (50-53° F), 75-80% humidity for 3-4 days.
- Apply cold smoke for 3-4 days until dark red color is obtained.
- Cool and dry sausages in air at 10-12° C (50-53° F) for about 6-8 days.