Blood Sausage Supreme
Blood Sausage Supreme (Kiszka kaszana wyborowa) is Polish Blood Sausage made with pork meat, blood, liver, skins and buckwheat or barley groats.
|pork head meat, jowls, snouts||300 g||0.66 lb.|
|pork jowls||200 g||0.44 lb.|
|pork liver||50 g||0.11 lb.|
|pork skins||50 g||0.11 lb.|
|blood||200 g||0.44 lb.|
|buckwheat or barley groats||200 g||0.44 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|allspice||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|marjoram||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|chopped onion||30 g||½ onion|
- Poach meats (except liver) in small amount of water: skins at 203° F (95° C) until soft;
- other meats at 176-185° F (80-85° C) until soft.
- Spread meats apart on a flat surface to cool. Save stock.
- Boil buckwheat or barley grouts in left over stock or water until semi-soft. Boil grouts for about ½ hr continuously stirring. After boiling leave for ½ to 1 hr covered.
- Grind pork through 10 mm plate. Grind boiled skins through 3 mm plate. Grind raw liver through 3 mm plate.
- Add salt and spices to ground meats, mix barley or buckwheat grouts with blood and then mix everything well together.
- Stuff mixture loosely into pork middles, beef rounds or synthetic casings.
- Place sausages in boiling water and poach at 176-185° F (80-85° C) for about 60-90 min until internal meat temperature reaches 68-70° C (154-158° F).
- Place sausages for 5 min in cold running water, then spread them on a flat surface to cool down below 6° C (43° F).
- Store in refrigerator.
In original recipe about 100 g of pork or veal lungs were used. They are replaced with pork meat in this recipe.