|lean pork butt||500 g||1.10 lb.|
|lean fresh bacon||500 g||1.10 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|pepper||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|coriander||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|mace||0.5 g||⅓ tsp.|
|mustard, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|ginger, ground||0.5 g||½ tsp.|
- Grind all meat through 3/8” (10 mm) grinder plate.
- Mix meat with all ingredients.
- Stuff into 50 mm (2”) fibrous casings.
- Hang at room temperature for 30 min.
- Place sausages in smokehouse pre-heated to 130° F (54° C) for 1 hour (no smoke applied).
- Hot smoke for 30 minutes only.
- Increase smokehouse temperature (no smoke applied) to 170° F and cook sausages until internal temperature of 154° F (68° C) is obtained OR cook in water at 167-172° F (75-78° C) for about 1 hour.
- Cool sausages in cold water and hang at room temperature.