A Chilean version of a Spanish Longaniza sausage.
|Pork shoulder||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Jalapeńos||60 g||2 oz|
|Paprika||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Oregano, rubbed||2.0 g||2 tsp|
|Cumin||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||10 g||3 cloves|
|Sweet sherry wine||30 ml||1 oz fl|
- Make marinade by combining salt, spices and wine.
- Dice jalapeńos finely.
- Grind lean meat through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind fat and meat with connective tissue through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat with marinade and jalapeńos.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings forming one continuous coil.
- Cook before serving.