What Brazil neighbors call chorizo, Brazilians call linguica. Linguica is a simple Brazilian sausage which can be made as fresh, cooked or cooked and smoked sausage type.
|Beef||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork shoulder, belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Back fat, fat trimmings||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic||7.0 g||2 cloves|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tbsp|
|Chopped scallion||1 Tbsp|
|Water||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
- Grind pork meat and fat through 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Grind beef through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix/knead beef and lean pork with salt and water until sticky. Add ground fat, spices, parsley and scallions and mix all together.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings forming one long coil.
- Fry or grill before serving.