Fish Sausage with Potatoes
Many sausages are made with pork, beef and potatoes as this combination works very well. Fish is often served with potato chips and French fries so it should not come as a surprise that fish sausage with potatoes tastes very good.
|White-fleshed fish||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Pork fat trimmings||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Lean beef||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Potatoes, boiled||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Onion, powdered||10 g||2 tsp|
|Cold water||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Boil potatoes, drain.
- Grind fat, fish and potatoes with 1/4" (6 mm) plate
- Grind beef with 1/8" (3 mm) plate.
- Mix everything together.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings, link every 8" (20 cm).
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Immerse sausages in cold water for 10 minutes.