Fish Sausage with Potato Flour
Fish sausage with potato flour
|White flesh fish||1 kg||2.2 lb|
|pork backfat, lard or vegetable shortening||100 g||3.8 oz|
|Potato flour||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Ice water||120 ml||1/2 cup|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||24 g||4 tsp|
|sugar||5 g||1 tsp|
|white pepper||2 g||1 tsp|
|ginger||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|nutmeg||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|onion powder||1 g||1/2 tsp|
- Store fish fillets and pork fat in refrigerator to have them well chilled to facilitate grinding or cutting.
- Grind fish through small plate, 3 mm, 1/8". Grind cold or partly frozen pork fat through the same plate, but keep separate.
- Mix starch or potato flour with water
- Mix ground fish with salt and starch slurry. Add spices and mix. Add ground fat or vegetable shortening and mix all together.
- Stuff into 36 mm casings, make 8-10" long links
- Cook in 185º F, 85º C water until the internal sausage temperature reaches 160º F, 72º C.
- Immerse sausages in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator
The sausage can be frozen. You can use kitchen food processor instead of grinder.