Servolatka (Serwolatka miękka)
This cold smoked sausage recipe comes from the official Polish Government archives.
|Lean beef||650 g||1.43 lb|
|Pork belly, skinless||350 g||0.77 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||21 g||3-1/2 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.5 g||3/4 tsp|
|Coriander||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Paprika||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Curing: cut beef into 1-2” (2.5-5 cm) pieces and mix with 12 g salt and 2.0 g cure # 1. Cut belly into 1-2” (2.5-5 cm) pieces and mix with 9 g salt and 0.5 g cure # 1. Pack tightly in separately container, cover with cloth and keep in refrigerator for 3 days.
- Grind beef through 5 mm plate. Partially freeze and grind again. Grind pork belly through 1/4” (5 mm) plate.
- Mix all meats with spices until sticky.
- Stuff firmly into 65 mm synthetic fibrous casings forming 10” (25 cm) links.
- Hang for 1-2 days at 2-4° C (35-40° F), 85-90% humidity.
- Cold smoke at 18° C (64° F) for 1-2 days until casings are brown. Keep refrigerated.