Duck sausage is made from duck meat, pork and beef. Other poultry meats such as turkey or chicken breasts may be substituted for goose meat.
|duck meat||250 g||0.51 lb.|
|duck fat||100g||0.22 lb.|
|pork||400 g||0.88 lb.|
|beef||250 g||0.51 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|allspice||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|marjoram||1.0 g||⅔ tsp.|
|cold water||100 ml||⅜ cup|
- Grind meats 3/16” plate (5 mm). Grind partially frozen fat through 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Refreeze and grind again.
- Mix ground meats and fat with all ingredients adding 100 ml (1 cup) of cold water.
- Stuff firmly into 32-36 mm hog casings. Leave in a continuous coil or make 1 foot (30 cm) links.
- Hang on smokesticks and let it rest for one hour.
- When sausages feel dry apply hot smoke 60-70º C (140-158º F) for about 120 minutes until brown color develops.
- Poach at 80º C (176º F) until internal meat temperature reaches 160º F (72º C). This process will take about 60 minutes.
- Shower with cold water for 5 minutes.
- Keep in a refrigerator.