Tarnogorska Sausage (Kiełbasa tarnogórska parzona podsuszana)
Polish smoked semi-dry pork and beef sausage
|Pork, semi-fat||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Beef, lean with connective tissue||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Jowls/dewlap or hard fat trimmings||350 g||0.67 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3-1/3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.0 g||1/3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Grind: beef through 1/8” (3 mm) plate; semi-fat pork - 1/8” (3 mm) plate; jowls through 1/4” (5 mm) plate.
- Mix semi-fat pork with beef adding salt, cure #1 and spices until the mass feels sticky. Add fat and mix again. Pack in container and place for 24 hours in refrigerator. Remix before stuffing.
- Stuff firmly into beef rounds or large hog casings. Make rings, tie the ends together. Hang for 120 min at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke for 80 - 100 minutes until casings develop light brown color.
- Cook in water at 72-75° C (160-167° F) for 40-60 min until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool for 15 minutes in cold water.
- Hang for 2-3 days at 12-15° C (53-59° F), 75-80% humidity until 87% yield is obtained.