Sluzewiecka (Kiełbasa służewiecka parzona)
Polish pork and beef smoked sausage
|Pork, semi-fat||900 g||1.98 lb|
|Beef, semi-fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
- Grind pork with 1/2” (12 mm) plate.
- Grind beef with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify beef adding 50-60% (50 ml, 2 oz fl) of cold water. Add spices during this step.
- Mix/knead ground pork with salt and cure #1 until sticky. Add emulsified beef and remix.
- Stuff firmly into beef middles or 65 mm synthetic fibrous casings. Make links 40-45 cm (16-18”) long, hanging loop at one end.
- Hang for 60 min at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke for 110-130 minutes.
- Cook in water at 72-75° C (160-167° F) for 50-70 min until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool for 15 minutes in cold water. Wipe off moisture and refrigerate.