A German beef and pork sausage.
|Lean beef||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Lean pork (shoulder)||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork back fat||350 g||0.77 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Caraway, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Mustard seed, whole||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.0 g||1 clove|
- Grind pork through 1/4” (5 mm) plate.
- Dice fat into 1/4” (5 mm) cubes.
- Grind beef through 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Place in food processor, add salt and a little cold water and emulsify.
- Mix ground pork with emulsified mass and spices. Lastly, add fat and mix all together.
- Stuff into beef middles or 50-60 mm synthetic fibrous casings.
- Apply smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 60 minutes.
- Place sausages for 15 minutes in cold water.
- Briefly hang to evaporate moisture. Keep refrigerated.