All chicken smoked sausage.
|Chicken breast||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Chicken leg||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Chicken fat and skin||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika, sweet||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||3.5 g||1 clove|
|Potato starch||15 g||1 Tbsp|
|Cold water||30 ml||1 oz fl|
- Grind meat through 1/4”(6 mm) plate. Mix with salt and cure #1.
- Grind skins and fat through 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Place for 30 minutes in a freezer, then grind again.
- Mix all ingredients with potato starch and water creating a paste.
- Mix ground meat, skin and fat, and the paste together.
- Stuff into 36 mm cellulose or fibrous synthetic casings.
- Hold for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Place in cold water for 10 minutes. Dry briefly and refrigerate.