Bacon Sausage is a smoked and poached sausage with a great taste and flavor. For all bacon lovers here is another classical Polish sausage.
|beef||400 g||0.88 lb.|
|pork||350 g||0.77 lb.|
|bacon||250 g||0.55 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|sugar||1.0 g||1/5 tsp.|
|garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
|paprika||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|coriander||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|ginger||0.5 g||⅓ tsp.|
|water||100 g||⅜ cup|
- Cut bacon into ½” (15 mm) cubes. Grind all meats twice with ⅛” (2 mm) plate.
- Add all ingredients to the 1¼ cup of cold water and mix thoroughly with ground meat. At the end of mixing add diced bacon and mix together until mixture feels sticky.
- Stuff mixture into 70 mm synthetic fibrous casings and form straight links 35 - 40 cm (12-13”) long. Tie both ends with butchers twine and make a hanging loop on one end.
- Hang on smoke sticks for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Smoke with hot smoke for 100 minutes.
- Poaching in water at 160 - 167º F (72 - 75º C) until the internal temperature of the sausage reaches 154 - 158º F (68 - 70º C). That will take approximately 80 min.
- Shower with cold water (dip in cold water) for 5 min and place in a cool place to cool the sausage below 52º F (12º C).
- Store in refrigerator.
For best quality sausage, cure meats in refrigerator.