Morcela de Arroz
Morcela de Arroz is a traditional Portuguese and Brazilian blood sausage made with rice
|Pork trimmings, lean and fat||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Pork blood||200 ml||0.44 lb|
|Onions, finely chopped||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Boiled rice||400 g||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cumin||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Parsley, chopped||1 sprig||1 tbsp|
|Red wine||30 ml||1 oz fl|
- Boil rice, but do not overcook.
- Boil meat and fat trimmings in a little water until soft. Cool and chop into 1/4” (6 mm) pieces.
- Mix meat, rice, onions and all other ingredients with blood.
- Stuff into 36-40 mm hog casings. Tie off into rings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.