Lemon vodka is one of the finest vodkas that can be made.
|Alcohol 75°||500 ml|
|Lemon skins infusion*||100 ml|
|Orange skins infusion*||20 ml|
|Ginger infusion**||50 ml|
|Ingredients per 1000 ml (1 liter) of alcohol|
|Sugar syrup 73%||200 ml|
|Citric acid||2.0 g|
|Saffron for color||just a touch (1/10 tsp)|
- Measure 100 ml of water and add 1/10 teaspoon of saffron. The solution will develop the real lemon skin color within minutes. Strain.
- Mix alcohol with lemon, orange and ginger infusion. Add citric acid and stir.
- Place sugar syrup in a different jar.
- Keep on stirring syrup and start slowly adding mixture of alcohol infusions.
- Place the solution in a measuring jar and add saffron water.
- Stir the contents and add water to 1 liter mark.
- Bottle and age for one week.
- *100 g fresh orange/lemon skins without white pith, macerated for 3-4 days in 500 ml 70° alcohol. Strain after maceration. Add as needed.
- **fresh cut up ginger, 100 g, 50° alcohol 100 ml, macerate 3 weeks, strain and filter.
- Fresh lemon juice may be added in place of citric acid (about 30 ml, two tablespoons), however, vodka's clarity will suffer.
- You can use commercially produced extracts and essential oils.