|pork liver||400 g||0.88 lb.|
|pork trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb.|
|pork jowl or bacon||300 g||0.66 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|white pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp.|
|nutmeg||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|allspice||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|sage, ground||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|dry milk powder||60 g||1 cup|
|gelatin||10 g||2 tsp.|
|water||60 ml||¼ cup|
- Soak livers in cold water for 30 minutes, then grind them through ⅛” (3 mm) grinder plate or chop them in a food processor until bubbles appear on the surface of the emulsion which may take 5-10 minutes.
- Grind meats through ¼” (6 mm) plate.
- Dissolve gelatin in water.
- Mix everything together.
- Stuff into a ham press.
- Transfer mold press to a cooking tank with hot water.
- Let the temperature drop to 160°F (72° C) and hold this temperature until internal meat temperature reaches 154° F (68° C).
- Chill loaves in cold water and then transfer to refrigerator overnight.
- Remove loaf from the mold press.
- Keep refrigerated.
If a mold press is not available, tightly stuff the liver loaf into a pan and then bake in the oven.