- 3/4 pound cooked scallops
- 1 can (3 ounces) sliced broiled mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops tabasco
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon coffee cream
- Cut large scallops in half.
- Drain mushrooms, saving liquid.
- Melt butter; blend in flour, salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco.
- Add tomato sauce, milk and mushroom liquid.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add olives, scallops and mushrooms.
- Prepare biscuit mix as directed.
- Place in a round cake pan, 8 x 1 inch.
- Combine egg yolk and cream.
- Brush on top of biscuit dough.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 450° F, for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Place one third of the scallop mixture on bottom half of shortcake.
- Cover with top half of shortcake.
- Top with remaining scallop mixture.