- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Toast points
- Thaw frozen scallops. Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Cut scallops into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cook scallops in butter for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add water gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add ketchup, mustard and cheese; heat.
- Stir a little of the hot sauce into egg; add to remaining sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add parsley.
- Serve on toast points.