- 1-1/2 pounds scallops, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- Thaw frozen scallops.
- Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Grind scallops.
- Combine all ingredients except flour.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 12 cakes.
- Roll in flour.
- Place cakes in a heavy frying pan which contains about 1/8-inch of fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at moderate heat.
- When cakes are brown on one side, turn carefully and brown the other side.
- Cooking time approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper.