Baked Scallops With Tomatoes
Baked scallops with tomatoes.
- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- Thaw frozen scallops. Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Cut large scallops in half.
- Wash tomatoes.
- Cut into 4 slices, crosswise.
- Arrange tomato slices in a well greased baking pan, 11 x 7 x 1 inch.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine butter, celery salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Dip scallops in seasoned butter.
- Place scallops on tomatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese over scallops.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 450° F, for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown.