Crab Louis, originally known as Crab Louie salad, is a type of salad made with crab meat and Louis dressing, although Thousand Island dressing is sometimes used instead.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 head lettuce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat, being careful not to break the meat into small pieces.
- Shred lettuce and place in a large shallow salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange the crab meat over the lettuce.
- Around the edge place alternate slices of cucumbers, tomatoes and eggs.
- Spread Louis Dressing over crab meat.