Crab jambalaya is a typical Cajun jambalya recipe. The trinity (onions, celery, green pepper) are cook until tender, then served with crab meat and rice.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (1 pound 13 ounces) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat.
- Fry bacon until lightly brown.
- Add onion, celery and green pepper; cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes, rice and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add crab meat; heat.