Frosted Tuna Sandwich Loaf
Frosted tuna sandwich loaf.
- 1 can (6-1/2 or 7 ounces) tuna
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced white bread
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- Sliced stuffed olives
- Tomato wedges
- Parsley sprigs
- Drain tuna. Flake.
- Add mayonnaise; blend.
- Remove crusts from bread.
- Cut bread lengthwise into 4 even slices.
- Spread all inside slices with butter.
- Spread tuna mixture on the top of the first slice.
- Cover with the second slice, spread with mayonnaise and top with a layer of tomatoes.
- Cover with the third slice and spread with pimiento cheese.
- Cover with the top slice.
- Combine milk, salt and cream cheese.
- Whip until light and fluffy.
- Spread over the entire loaf.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with olives, tomatoes and parsley.