- 1-1/2 pounds salmon steaks or fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onion, grated
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cut salmon into one-fourth inch cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine butter, lemon juice and onion.
- Pour over the salmon and toss lightly until fish is evenly coated with butter mixture.
- Prepare biscuit according to directions and roll into a rectangle about one-fourth inch thick.
- Spread salmon mixture evenly over the surface and roll as for a jelly-roll.
- Seal the ends.
- Place on a well greased baking sheet and cut several diagonal slashes across top.
- Brush with milk and bake in a moderate oven, 375° F, for 30 to 35 minutes or until brown.
- Serve plain or with a sauce.