- 1-1/2 pound salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mixed pickling spice
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Salt salmon on both sides.
- Arrange onion, lemon, spices and garlic on bottom of a well greased casserole.
- Place the salmon, skin side up, over the seasonings; cover tightly and bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 1 hour.
- Chill salmon in casserole.
- Place on serving platter and remove skin carefully.
- Garnish with mayonnaise and cucumber.