Smoked Salmon Casserole
Smoked salmon casserole
- 2 7-ounce cans smoked salmon
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Melt butter and blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Combine sauce, pimiento, corn and eggs.
- Place one-third of macaroni in well greased casserole, cover with one-third of fish and one-third of sauce mixture.
- Repeat until all of the ingredients are used.
- Combine butter and crumbs; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 375° F, for 25 to 30 minutes or until brown.