Ocean Perch Baked In Spanish Sauce
Ocean perch baked in spanish sauce
- 2 pounds ocean perch fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour.
- Add remaining ingredients except fillets and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove bay leaf and clove.
- Arrange fillets in a well greased shallow baking dish and cover with sauce.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish and serve hot.