Chicken-Fried Halibut Steaks
Chicken-fried halibut steaks
- 2 pounds halibut steaks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cut steaks into serving size portions and roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Place fish in a heavy frying pan which contains about one-eighth inch of fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at moderate heat.
- When fish is brown on one side, turn carefully and brown the other side.
- Cooking time approximately 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Add water; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove fish to a hot platter.
- Pour pan gravy over fish and sprinkle with parsley.