Halibut in Sour Cream Sauce
Halibut in sour cream sauce
- 2 pounds halibut steaks or fillets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup onion rings
- 1/3 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed sweet basil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Cut steaks into serving size portions and roll in flour seasoned with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Remove onion from pan and save.
- Place fish in pan.
- Fry at moderate heat.
- When fish is brown on one side, turn carefully and brown the other side.
- Cooking time approximately 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Cover top with onions, sweet basil and sour cream.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley.