Halibut olympus is a delicious baked fish dish made with parsley, green peeper, lemon rind and sherry wine.
- 2 cups flaked halibut
- 1/3 cup butter or other fat
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 3 drops tabasco
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Melt butter; blend in flour and salt.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add the next 7 ingredients.
- Stir a little of the hot sauce into the egg; add to remaining sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add sherry and fish.
- Place in 6 well greased, individual, 10-ounce casseroles.
- Combine butter and crumbs; sprinkle over top of each casserole.
- Bake in a hot oven, 400° F, for 10 to 15 minutes or until brown.