- 2 halibut steaks (1 pound each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 3 slices bacon (optional)
- Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- Combine next 6 ingredients.
- Place one steak in a well greased baking pan, 11 x 7 x 1-1/2 inches.
- Place rice mixture on the steak and cover with the other steak.
- Fasten together with toothpicks or skewers.
- Brush top with butter and lay slices of bacon on top.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 30 to 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.