Vegetarian Bread Pudding Sausage
Bread pudding is eaten all over the world. It is made from white wheat bread or rolls, with milk, eggs, sugar and flavorings such as honey, raisins and vanilla. Milk has been replaced with coconut milk, honey may be replaced with maple syrup. Bread pudding is baked in oven, however, boiling sausage in water delivers a great product.
|White bread||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Soy-coconut emulsion (1:4:7)||240 g||0.52 lb|
|Raisins||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Crushed walnuts||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Honey (maple syrup)||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Sugar||60 g||2.11 oz|
|Potato starch||25 g||0.88 oz|
|Guar gum||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Carrageenan||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Vanilla extract||50 ml||1.66 oz fl|
- Crumble white bread into smaller pieces.
- Combine bread and soy coconut emulsion.
- Add raisins, walnuts, honey, sugar, vanilla extract and mix together.
- Add starch, guar, carrageenan and mix all together.
- Stuff hard into 38 mm casings.
- Cook in 176-185° F (80-85° C) water for 20 minutes.
- Place sausages in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let them cool.
* to make emulsion use given ratio (by weight) of soy protein isolate : vegetable oil : coconut milk. Using a manual whisk or electric blender mix soy protein isolate with coconut milk first until a smooth paste is obtained. Then start gradually adding oil until mayonnaise-like emulsion is obtained. More about emulsions. 240 g soy-coconut emulsion = 20 g soy protein isolate : 80 g oil : 140 g coconut milk