Low-Fat Pork Sausage
Low-fat and low calories pork sausage made with lean pork and oil emulsion.
|lean pork||500 g||1.10 lb.|
|oil emulsion*||200 g||0.44 lb.|
|potato starch||30 g||2 Tbsp.|
|bread crumbs||30 g||3 Tbsp.|
|wheat flour||50 g||3 Tbsp..|
|egg white||50 g||2 egg whites|
|cold water||80 g||1/3 cup|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|white pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|garlic, smashed||3.5 g||1 clove|
|marjoram||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|coriander, ground||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
- Soak bread crumbs in 60 g of cold water.
- Grind meat through a small plate (1/8”, 3 mm).
- In a food processor chop cold water, ground pork and salt. Add potato starch, bread crumbs and wheat flour and chop. Add spices and fat emulsion and chop/emulsify everything together.
- Stuff into 22-26 mm sheep casings.
- Cool and place in refrigerator. The sausage must be fully cooked before serving OR
- Cook sausage in water at 176° F (80° C), about 15-20 minutes.
- Cold shower or cool in cold water. Store in refrigerator.
* oil emulsion: soy protein isolate/oil/water at 1:4:5. (How to Make Oil Emulsion)
** phosphate is not absolutely necessary, although recommended.
rusk may be used instead of bread crumbs.
195 calories per 100 g (3.5 oz) serving.